Internship Program • ASPIRE Program
Our desire is to offer practical hands-on training in local church ministry. If you are exploring vocational ministry or believe that God has called you into ministry, this leadership development program is for you. You will train and minister alongside our pastors and leadership team in a variety of ministries.Our prayer is that God will use this time in your life to help guide you into future ministry for Him.
Our goal is to launch 100 ministers / missionaries in the next 10 years.
- This program is designed to give individuals firsthand ministry experience in a local church environment.
- Interns will gain experience working with our Pastors and ministry leaders, as well as assisting with the overall functionality of the church.
- This internship is ideal for college students who are seeking purpose and practical application in a church ministry.
- Interns will have weekly training times with Pastors and ministry leaders.
We are excited to welcome your application to our internship program, and if accepted, we pray that this experience will be beneficial in your future endeavors in ministry or in the marketplace.
- Christ follower, passionate, desires spiritual maturity, humble, teachable
- Active team player, servant leader, fits FBC Melbourne’s mission-minded culture
- Agreement with FBCMel’s doctrinal statement, values, vision, and strategy
- Enrolled in, or graduated from, an undergraduate or graduate program from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 1 year of college by start of internship.
- Received a calling to ministry or interested in ministry as a career
- Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule phone, virtual or in-person interviews.
- Applicants will be notified at the end of the spring semester if you have been accepted into the internship program.
- Each internship runs for 9 weeks (There is flexibility on dates depending on your college schedule.
- Work hours: Typically, Monday through Thursday with Friday & Saturday off and 8am-1pm on Sundays. However, ministries may have events and activities requiring work outside these hours.
- FBC will provide a host home with a family in the church if needed.
- Intern will need to provide their own transportation throughout their internship.
- Intern will need to provide their own laptop. (The church may have computers available if needed for part of your internship responsibilities)
- Intern will receive a weekly stipend of $200 a week